Remote Halo for COVID-19
COVID-19 is a virus of the body and the restrictions so many of us are under make it challenging to address sin, the most deadly virus of the soul.
- Connect with others from your parish and explore how to live our faith in this time of struggling to find footing, a “new normal.” Phone or video conferencing work great for this.
- Discovering homeschooling tips from others.
- Priests, connect with other priests and deacons, struggling and striving to shepherd in these unprecedented times, under unprecedented restrictions to be salt and light to the world.
- Deacons, start and lead a halo for a group of families who can then also lead their own remote halos with others.
- Turn off screens for an hour, or go nuts and make it a half or full day, and read quality books of faith together. There is amazing Catholic fiction and non-fiction, just do a web search. Talk about it as a halo.
- Hold each other and all who have COVID-19 and care for them in prayer.
- These are unprecedented measures being taken world-wide. Let our response be one that deepens our faith and our hunger for the day we can return to our Lord's Table!
May God startle you with joy!